HOW DO I BECOME A PATIENT?
All first time patients are required to have a valid Arizona Medical Marijuana patient card and a secondary form of identification (drivers license, passport, etc.) in order to purchase medicine.
If you are a caregiver please bring in the patient card in which you provide for on your initial visit.
OBTAINING A MMJ CARD
BELOW ARE THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR OBTAINING A MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT CARD:
- Only residents of the state of Arizona are currently eligible to get a MMJ card.
- Any licensed physician in Arizona can legally certify patients for a medical marijuana card however most physicians are not trained in recommending medical marijuana therefore it is easiest to go to your local certification center.
- A patient must have current medical records documenting a qualifying condition.
- Upon approval the Arizona Department of Health Services will issue a medical marijuana card within 7 to 10 days and they are valid for one year.
According to Arizona statue 36-2801, medical marijuana can be recommended for patients suffering from any of the following Arizona state-approved qualifying conditions:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
With all qualifying conditions, make sure you review your state’s medical marijuana laws to ensure you are able to legally purchase and use medical marijuana for these qualifying conditions. Additionally, consult your doctor who is currently supervising your condition. Our medical marijuana specialists are always able to consult patients about the different types of medical marijuana uses and supervise patients’ medical marijuana treatment.
Copyright © 2016. Monarch. All Rights Reserved